Edit 2: Extended contest deadline to May 31 coz I'll be a bit busy with the 2013 elections next week. Also, I thought I'd be finished with Bridgette's ref sheet by now but PS crashed on me so his PSD got corrupted, I'll have to start over again.. T__T
Edit: Decided to change Jester's name to Bridgette coz it's so much cuter! I'm almost done with his app/ref sheet, too! ^ 3 ^
People who Submitted Entries: (12)
- For this contest, we will define "matching outfits" as clothes having almost the same patterns, colors, and design but still have features / qualities unique from one another and not uniform (...it's my contest so I'll define it the way i want, lol )
- You must be a member of deviantART on or before January 10, 2013 to join the contest.
- DO NOT claim my characters as your own.
- Entry will be rejected if the drawings are out-of-character. (See "Important things about them")
- You do not have to draw a scene. It is enough that you show them wearing matching outfits with matching colors, patterns, designs, theme, etc. I've already provided you a sample [link]
- You are allowed to use base, just credit the owner.
- Do not use doll makers or any clothes-designing games for this contest. If you are to use one, then I could just use it myself and there will be no need for this contest. This is a drawing and designing contest. I've already allowed bases so that should be enough.
- No portraits or half-bodies. Drawing must be at least from the knees up. Your chances of winning will be much higher if you draw them in full body though.
- Can be digital, traditional, or pixel. Can be human or chibi. Can be with background or without background. Can be lineart but it must be clean and not sketchy.
- You can modify their hairstyles: add highlights, add ponytails, cut them short, make them longer, make them curly, etc. etc. but the main colors must be retained (pink for Morgue, purple for Lockett, white-silver for Midnite, green for Bridgette).
- Known body parts and features must be present so the drawings can be recognized as my characters, except for Midnite (see next rule)
- You must include in your drawing at least three of these four characters:
If you include Midnite in your drawing, draw her like a normal human --just one pair of arms and hands, no extra arms, no wings. You can modify/change the floating crown but she should always have that floating crown.
If you include my mascot Sunday in your drawing, do not remove her bunny ears, the X on the tips of her bunny ears, and the number 3 tattoo on her cheek. You must also draw Lex her plushie in the picture, too.
If you include Lockett in your drawing, do not remove his bunny ears, the scar across his nose and the circular tattoos on his shoulders (if you are to show his shoulders)
If you include Bridgette (boy with green hair) in your drawing, do not remove his horns and the black star on his head.
- Entry must be finished. No works-in-progress or anything rushed.
- No Mature Content please! Keep it PG-13.
- You are allowed to submit more than one entry.
- Write a link back to this journal and say the drawing is for :iconrites-of-passage:'s Matching Outfits contest
- If I like the designs enough or grow to love them as time passes by, I may choose winners on random instances even before deadline comes. The contest will still continue though as more entries may pour in.
- Winning designs will be used by myself for my future deviations.
- (Optional) Watch me for updates.
Important Things About Them:
- Sunday NEVER smiles or laughs.
- Sunday always carries her plushie bunny, Lex.
- Midnite always wears a floating crown. She can have a hat but a crown still floats above it.
- Midnite can hide her wings and extra arms. She can appear as a normal human anytime she likes.
- Sunday has small breasts while Midnite has large ones.
- Lockett has two black, circular tattoos on both of his shoulders --one ring outside and a full shaded circle inside. (see sample [link]
- Lockett has a notch on his right ear.
- Bridgette is a mischievous, happy-go-lucky guy!
WHAT i USUALLY LIKE
but please do not limit yourself with them:
stripes, checkerds, random patterns
caps, hats, bonnets
scarfs, belts, jumpers
jerseys, jackets, hoodies, boleros
casuals, denims, jeans, shorts, skirts
sailors, navy, army constumes
light gothWHAT I DO NOT LIKEcosplay
> i don't want them in another character's outfitschool uniforms
> i can design these on my own
too much goth
too dark colors
see-through or revealing clothes
- Winners (limitless number) will get 1000 points each, to be given at random instances OR on contest deadline.
FAQ #234: What are Points?
- 10$ USD each for winners to be given on contest deadline (through PayPal only)
- Honorable Mentions will get 200 points each
- All who submitted valid entries will get 30 points on contest deadline.
- Features and 3 llamas each (if not already given) for winners.
- One free OC adoptable each from me for the winners.
- One free full body sketch (no background) each from me for the winners.
Samples > [link] [link] [link]
- A llama and one chibi for each winner from =esuthainn
- Prize donations are accepted (llamas, features, art, etc.).
Please comment here if you want to donate something
You can still join the contest even if you donate.
All who submitted valid entries before March 31, 2013 [link] will get 100 points on that day!
NEW Contest Deadline: May 31, 2013 > [link]
Who Advertised This? [link] [link]
People who Submitted Entries: (12) Within the bonus period (ends March 31) worth 100 After bonus period
Entries folder > [link]Any questions? Feel free to ask
Kiriban at 15,000
- No deadline for this one. Just catch it on my page when you can, like pokemon! XD
- Screenshot must be complete. It must include the title bar of the browser you use, your username, the space showing this contest, and the taskbar from your window.
- Upload the screenshot to your dA gallery and comment here.
- Winner gets 200 ( I may or may not add more later )